Wigan Warriors Community Foundation, in partnership with Houses for homes and the RFL’s England Talent Pathway programme are hosting two open access player development days for Under 11s – Under 16s athletes.
The sessions are FREE of charge and will cover the following areas:
· Technical Skills through Hand Eye Co-Ordination drills and small sided games
· Confidence in Contact & Core Strength through Wrestle Activity
· Movement Literacy through Speed & Agility Exercises
All sessions will take place at Central Park (Montrose Avenue, WN5 9XL). The aim of the sessions is to offer junior players of all abilities an opportunity to up-skill and be trained by the club’s performance and foundation coaches.
· Tuesday Morning 30th May – 9.30-11.30am Boys U11s & U12s
· Tuesday Afternoon 30th May – 12.30pm-3pm Boys U13s
· Friday Morning 2nd June – 10am – 12pm Boys U14s
· Friday Afternoon 2nd June – 1-3pm Boys U15s-U16s
The U15/U16 sessions will also include an insight into further education opportunities at Wigan Warriors Education Academy.
We encourage club coaches to nominate players and make group bookings where possible. Players wanting to attend should email firstname.lastname@example.org with their name, emergency contact number, playing age group, date of birth & community club / school. The day will involve training both indoors and outside and players should bring kit, food and drink to suit.
If you have any more questions please do not hesitate to let us know.
Wigan Warriors Community Foundation